Finding and Scheduling Exams with a Proctor or Testing Site
Students located outside of Oxford or the areas surrounding the UM Regional Campuses and do not wish to use ProctorU, must find a local proctor and testing site.
- Locate a local 2- or 4-year college or university’s testing center. Follow their scheduling procedure and ensure they test outside examinations.
- All new proctors or examination sites need to be approved by the iStudy office.
- Submit an online exam application: https://web6.olemiss.edu/outreach/istudy/istudy_exam_request.php. List the proctor’s contact information accurately.
- The iStudy staff will verify that the Proctor meets our requirements. When planning your exam schedule, be sure to factor in time for our staff to verify and approve the proctor and send the exam materials.
- You must submit the lessons required to take the exam. Lessons required but not submitted will receive the grade of zero. For the final exam all coursework must be graded!
- Once the exam materials have been sent to the proctor you will receive an email confirmation.
Cancelling or Rescheduling an Appointment
- Contact your proctor to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Send an email to the iStudy office (email@example.com) with any changes and we will update our records.
A suitable testing site would be at a college or university. Private testing centers may be utilized, but elementary or secondary schools are not permitted as testing sites. If you are located in a town that does not have a 2- or 4-year educational institution, you may test at a local public library, if proctoring services are offered. Contact the head librarian. If you have any questions regarding your options do not hesitate to contact the iStudy office.
Students in other locations may test at one of the Examination Centers listed below. Proctors located on the Testing Sites list (in and outside of Mississippi) may not be current, so you will need to contact them to verify they are still an option before submitting the exam application.
Contacting Your Proctor
Please remember to contact the proctor you select before you submit your test application to make sure that they are still serving in that capacity and will be able to assist you. Ask them about any testing fees that may be required as well as their procedures for scheduling tests. Students are responsible for paying all proctor fees.