Be College Ready!
Summer College (SCHS) is a four-week program for high school students wanting to experience university life and begin earning college credits at the University of Mississippi.
Our mission is to provide high school students the opportunity to experience college prior to their first year of enrollment, and increase their overall personal and academic success. The program addresses this mission by focusing on some of the most common factors influencing first-year dropout rates and providing an advanced academic experience.
- Earn six (6) college credit hours transferable to most public US universities.
- Live on campus with other participants from the United States and abroad.
- Learn time and financial management skills
- Develop leadership and social skills
- Make the transition from high school to college smoother, increasing opportunities for success.
- Explore university facilities including libraries, computer labs, recreation centers, and dining options.
- Experience and engage in cultural and recreational activities.
- Create meaningful and lasting friendships.
Prospective students must meet or exceed the following admissions criteria for the University of Mississippi and the Summer College for High School Students program:
- Minimum 15 years old by first day of the program.
- Be in good academic and conduct standing in high school (includes public, private, parochial, or home-educated.)
- Permission from high school principal to attend.
- Meet one of two admissions options listed below:
- OPTION 1: 14 CPC (College Preparatory Curriculum)* high school credits by the end of the current school year AND minimum 3.0 GPA
- OPTION 2: Minimum cumulative score of 30 on the ACT (or SAT equivalent) AND minimum 3.0 GPA
*The University of Mississippi counts high school credits that are part of the College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC). Most academic courses (including all core classes) fit this description. Examples of credits that are not counted include credit for sports and certain vocational courses. If you are unclear about what UM considers as the College Preparatory Curriculum, please visit the Admissions website for more information.
Prospective international students must meet or exceed certain admissions criteria for the University of Mississippi and the Summer College for High School Students program. Please see the International Students section for more details.