The University of Mississippi Writing Project
Leading By Learning: A Virtual Inquiry Institute
Are you a life-long learner who continually strives to improve your classroom practice? Do you want to teach smarter, not harder? Join us for an exploration into your classroom practice to become a more reflective teacher. Find the spark that reinvigorates your classroom.
Synchronous Zoom Meetings September 12, November 7th, and February 13th with online meetings in October, December, and January
Non UMWP Summer or Leadership Institute: $100
Previous UMWP Summer or Leadership Institute Fellows: $50
Fee includes the price of the book. CEUs (5.0) will be available for an additional $20
Synchronous Saturday Zoom meetings 9-11:30
Month evening meetings: 60-90 minutes
Reading and online discussions between meetings
The program will guide teachers as they...
- Engage in reflective teaching and critical inquiry into classroom practice
- Explore teaching strategies and analyze student work with fellow educators
- Develop lessons to increase student critical thinking skills
This institute is perfect for classroom teachers who...
- Are looking to become stronger, more reflective educators
- Want to attend the Invitational Leadership Institute but cannot attend in the summer
- Are interested in preparing for the National Board Certification Process